New Patients Information
SunDoctor’s Skin Check Process
Making an Appointment
To make an appointment, call us on 13 SKIN (that’s 13 7546) and your call will be directed to your nearest clinic. Or click on the online booking button on the right of this screen. For our locations click here.
What happens at the clinic?
Initial appointments usually last around 15 minutes. We ask that you wear loose clothing and no make-up, fake tan or nail polish. For a whole body check, you may be asked to strip to your underwear. If you only want a specific area checked, that’s fine – simply advise your doctor.
The doctor will examine your head, face, neck, torso, legs, feet, toes, arms, hands and fingers. Don’t forget to mention to the doctor if there are any spots in hidden places – remember you can get skin cancer in areas that are not directly exposed to the sun.
Both female and male Doctors are available. So if you have a preference, please let us know when making your appointment. Disposable gowns are available.
What we ask of you as a patient
- Sometimes skin cancers can occur in non-sun exposed areas. Please inform the doctor if there are any “hidden” lesions that you would like checked.
- Please tell reception staff if there are any changes to your name, address, telephone number or Medicare Card.
- Please give us at least 24 hours notice if you cannot come to an appointment. This will enable us to see to another patient. We reserve the right to charge patients a cancellation fee if appointments have not been cancelled with sufficient notice.
- It is your responsibility to make follow up appointments. Please see reception staff before leaving to make another appointment. If you are unsure if you require another appointment please ask your doctor.
- If the doctor asks you to return for another appointment or phone for your test results it is important that you do so.
- The recall system is a part of our commitment to maintaining your ongoing health and well being. If you are sent a recall card please call us to arrange an appointment.
- If there is anything you are unsure of or are concerned about please ask your doctor.
Copies of Patient Results
We are happy to provide all patients their results upon written request. Fees apply.